- Scope of this Policy
- Agreement to Terms
- The Information We Collect
- Children's Privacy
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Your Privacy Choices
- How We Store and Safeguard Information
- Notice to Job Applicants, Employees, Officers, Directors, Owners, and Contractors
- Additional Disclosures for California Residents
- Additional Disclosures for European Residents (including the United Kingdom)
- Additional Disclosures for Canadian Residents
- Third-Party Links
- Effective Date and Changes to this Policy
- Contact Information
1. Scope of this Policy
2. Agreement to Terms
3. The Information We Collect
The information we may collect from you depends on how you interact with us as detailed below. We may collect information (a) directly from you (such as when you create an account, submit an order, or send communications to us), (b) from the device and browser that you use to access the Service, or (c) from cookies.
Visitors to our Sites. For visitors to our Sites, we may collect the following categories of information.
- Identifiers. We provide functionality to message us through the Sites. If you message us through the Sites, we may collect your name, email address, and the content of the message you send to us. We use Tawk.to, Inc. ("Tawk.to") to power the messaging functionality. You can learn more about how Tawk.to uses personal information at https://www.tawk.to/legal/. We retain messaging information, including the content of any chat, for one week, unless otherwise needed to address our legal or regulatory obligations.
- Device Information. This information may include your computer and mobile device type and browser type.
- Internet Activity Information. This information concerns your interaction with our Sites, including geolocation information based on your IP address, how you interact with our Sites, including when you access the Sites, and browsing activity on the Sites. This may include "traffic data" or tracking information provided by the Site's host or similar provider of such information (e.g., Google Analytics) that may be helpful for improving the Service.
Our Customers' Owners, Officers, and Employees. Our customers are primarily business entities, and as such, the personal information we collect is limited and primarily relates to the business contact information for our customers' owners, officers and/or employees. In particular, this information may include:
- Identifiers. We may collect the name and signature of our customer's official representative (e.g., owner, director, officer, partner, or shareholder). If the business is a sole proprietorship and does not have a federal employer ID number, we may collect the sole proprietor's social security number. In addition, if a customer's owner, officer, or employee contacts us in connection with a customer service call or payment collection, we may collect that individual's name and business email address.
- Business information. We may also collect business contact details for our customers' official representatives and/or employees. This includes the business name, business address, business email address, business phone number, and business fax number.
- Payment information. In the event our customers make payment using a corporate credit card issued is in the name of one of our customer's owners, officers, and/or employees, we collect the name of the cardholder as well as the credit card number, expiration date, and CVV code.
A cookie is a small string of information that a website that you visit transfers to your browser for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity while using a website or across websites, and that information helps companies understand your preferences and tendencies, as well as improve and personalize your website experience. Some cookies are necessary to operate a website, while others can be functional, analytical, or used for targeted advertising (as discussed in more detail below).
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are required for the operation of our some of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into password-protected portions of our Sites or our application. These cookies are session cookies that are erased when you close your browser.
Analytical/Performance Cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of users on our Sites and understand how such users navigate through the Sites (e.g., when and which pages are visited, in what order the pages are visited, and where a user is located). This helps improve how the Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
We use Google Analytics for part of this process. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can opt-out of Google Analytics' collection and use of data generated by your use of the Site by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also use SquareSpace for part of this process. For more information about SquareSpace cookies, please visit https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001264507-The-cookies-Squarespace-uses.
You can prevent the use of certain cookies by modifying your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections "Help" or "Internet Options." If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you may still access our Sites, however, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of our Sites, and you may, for example, be required to re-enter your login details.
Do-Not-Track Signals. At this time, De Rigo Rem does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "do-not-track" instructions.
5. Children's Privacy
The Service is not intended for use by people under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly or intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 16. If you are aware of, or suspect that, someone under the age of 16 is using the Service without permission, please notify us immediately by contacting us as detailed in the Contact Information section below. If you have questions or concerns about the Internet and privacy for your child, we encourage you to check out the FTC Guidelines for protecting your child's privacy online.
6. How We Use Your Information
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing the Service to you and providing products or services requested by, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our relationship with, you;
- Managing your relationship with us and responding to your inquiries or requests;
- Provide you with relevant promotional materials or information about the company and its products;
- Personalize our Sites to your preferences;
- Analyze use of our Sites;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible; and
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
7. How We Share Your Information
De Rigo Rem may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Service providers and suppliers, these are businesses that perform services on our behalf, such as companies that host our Sites, web analytics providers, IT outsourcing, IT security providers, and marketing service providers;
- Advisers and financial institutions, including auditors, notaries, business continuity support service providers, and legal, tax and risk and compliance advisors;
- Where permitted by applicable law, with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale, transfer, or assignment of assets or business merger, divestiture, or other changes to the company's control or financial status;
- Government bodies, dispute resolution organizations, law enforcement agencies, or third parties in connection with (a) responding to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request of information that we receive, (b) cooperating in a law enforcement or similar investigation; or (c) otherwise protecting our rights, as applicable.
8. Your Privacy Choices
If you no longer wish to receive email marketing communications, you may unsubscribe by contacting us at the information in the Contact Information section below. Please note that you may not be able to unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating directly to order processing.
9. How We Store and Safeguard Information
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. We have implemented various security measures to protect both the personal information and general information that we receive from you through the Service.
Whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. Although we seek to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized access by third parties, or other causes beyond our control.
10. Notice to Job Applicants, Employees, Officers, Directors, Owners, and Contractors
This section addresses the categories of information that we collect about job applicants, employees, officers, directors, owners, and contractors, as well as how we use this information.
If you are a job applicant, employee, officer, director, owner, or contractor, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Identifiers. We may collect your name, alias(es), Social Security number, date of birth, drivers' license number, address, email address, phone number, and signature;
- Demographic Characteristics. If required under federal or state law, we collect sex/gender (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, and citizenship and/or visa status.
- Financial Information. We may collect your bank account number or other financial information.
- Internet or Electronic Network Activity. We may collect information concerning your use of our information technology ("IT") systems, including our website. This information includes your username and password for access to De Rigo Rem systems, browsing activity, search history, and your interaction with our IT systems and networks, including date and time of access and location information.
- Audio and Visual Information. We may collect audio or visual information about you through security cameras, other monitoring systems, or voicemail recordings.
- Professional, Employment and Education Information. We may collect your resume, employment history, education history, transcripts, employment contract, contractor agreement, performance reviews, disciplinary records, employee expense information, and payroll and benefits related data.
- Inferences and Characteristics. We may also draw inferences from the information described above that reflects your preferences, characteristics, behaviors, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We collect the categories of information above for the following business purposes:
- To recruit new employees and to conduct employment-related background checks;
- To maintain your contact information;
- To determine and monitor eligibility to work in the United States;
- To administer benefits, such as medical, dental, and retirement benefits, including recording and processing eligibility of dependents, absence and leave monitoring, and insurance;
- To pay or reimburse for expenses, including salary administration, payroll management, payment of expenses, and to administer other compensation or performance-based payments;
- To analyze performance, including training, talent management, periodic reviews, promotions, and discipline;
- For surveys, research, analysis and strategic development to implement, maintain and promote an engaging work experience at De Rigo Rem;
- To maintain security on De Rigo IT systems and infrastructure;
- To comply with internal policies and applicable law or regulatory requirements, such as legal and internal company reporting obligations.
11. Additional Disclosures for California Residents
To understand what personal information we may have collected about you in the past 12 months, and from where we collected it, please see the section The Information We Collect above.
We collect this personal information, as further described in the How We Use Your Information section above, to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives.
We may share personal information with the third parties listed above in the section How We Share Your Information. Below, we have provided more detail regarding the disclosure of information for business purposes. We do not sell personal information.
Disclosures of Information for Business Purpose. To manage our business, we sometimes share personal information with third parties. These third parties cannot further collect, sell, or use the personal information we share with them except as necessary to perform our purposes, as instructed by us.
In the past 12 months, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information to our Service providers and suppliers for our operational purposes: Identifiers, Business Information, Device Information, and Internet Activity.
Certain sets of consumers have additional rights under California law, including:
- The right to access a copy of the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we collect, use, and/or disclose;
- The right to ask us to delete or anonymize personal information, subject to certain exceptions; and
- The right to be free from discrimination for exercising your rights.
These rights do not extend to information collected and used in connection with our business relationship with our business customers. Similarly, these rights do not extend to our employees, owners, officers, directors, or contractors to the extent their personal information is collected and used in connection with their role as employees, owners, officers, directors, or contractors.
If you believe you do not fall into these exceptions and if you wish to exercise the right to access or delete your information, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request according to applicable law.
Please note that before we will be able to process your request for access or deletion of personal information, we will need to properly verify your identity for security purposes. If we possess appropriate information about you on file (e.g., name, email), we will attempt to verify your identity using that information. If it is not reasonably possible to identify you, we may not be able to respond to your request.
To use an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may need the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the authorized agent signed permission to submit the request on your behalf. We may also require you to verify your identity directly with us.
12. Additional Disclosures for European Customers (including the United Kingdom)
Data Transfers. We take steps to ensure that we handle your personal information subject to appropriate safeguards. As a US company, most of our operations are conducted in the United States and in order to provide the Service, personal information will be processed in the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by applicable law for international data transfers. With respect to transfers originating from the European Economic Area we implement the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. Where required by such laws, you may request a copy of the suitable mechanisms we have in place by contacting us as detailed below.
Data Retention. As noted above, we retain Tawk.to messaging information, including the content of any chat, for one week, unless otherwise needed to address our legal or regulatory obligations. We otherwise retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected; as otherwise needed to address tax, corporate, compliance, employment, litigation, and other legal rights and obligations; and as otherwise permitted by law.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information. Where required, we have several different legal grounds on which we collect and process your personal information for the purposes set out in the section above, How We Use Your Information, including: (i) as may be necessary to perform a contract with you; (ii) as necessary to comply with a legal obligation; (iii) consent (where you have provided consent as appropriate under applicable law); and (iv) as necessary for our legitimate interests (such as when we act to maintain our business generally, including maintaining the safety and security of the Service).
Automated Decision-making. We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or that otherwise significantly affects you.
Your Rights. To the extent required under applicable law, you have the right of:
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you, which we will provide to you in electronic form.
- Rectification. You have the right to require that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you is amended.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we process about you, unless, for example, we are required to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal information where: (i) you believe such data to be inaccurate; (ii) our processing is unlawful; or (iii) we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not want us to delete it.
- Portability. You have the right to request that we transmit the personal information we hold with respect to you to another data controller.
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal information is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your situation (e.g., direct marketing). We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use and processing of your information on the basis of your consent before the point in time when you withdraw your consent.
Some rights may be limited, and we may need to retain certain personal information, as required or permitted by applicable law. To inquire about or exercise the rights listed above, at any time, contact us at [email protected].
If you feel that your request or concern was not satisfactorily resolved by us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
13. Additional Disclosures for Canadian Residents
As noted above, we retain Tawk.to messaging information, including the content of any chat, for one week, unless otherwise needed to address our legal or regulatory obligations. We otherwise retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected; as otherwise needed to address tax, corporate, compliance, employment, litigation, and other legal rights and obligations; and as otherwise permitted by law.
Please contact us at [email protected]:
- If you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information or change your consent preferences (note: we may need to collect additional personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity before responding to your request);
- For information about how our foreign-based service providers process your personal information; or
- If you have any questions or complaints about the manner in which we treat your personal information.
14. Third-Party Links
For your convenience, we may link to third-party sites and services, or otherwise display third-party content through the Service to provide increased value to your visitors (e.g., social media networks). We have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection policies and practices independent from us. As such we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such websites. Please note that these other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information, and we encourage you to review their policies before engaging with these third-party sites.
15. Effective Date and Changes to This Policy
16. Contact Information